5 Killer Fashion Trends From the 80’s and 90’s We Love
I happen to be a huge fan of the 80’s and 90’s, and in my humble opinion they are the most influential decades in the world of fashion today. There is nothing more exciting than seeing a fashion piece resurface, especially if it is from the days of boy bands and Bop Magazine. Popsugar posted the article of my dreams recently, that showcased the 50 favorite fashion trends from the 80’s and 90’s. Crop tops and high waisted jeans have come back with a vengeance, but a few more shocking piece seem to be blasting into the fashion world from the past. A few killer trends from the 80’s and 90’s that we hate to love:
1. Chokers- I never thought I would see these again, but I kinda love it. They are everywhere from on your favorite fashion model, to flooding the fashion trend Instagram feeds. Want to get on the choker trend? Check out Popsugar’s article on how to wear them in 2016
2. Mini Backpacks- I’ll admit, it took me a while to get on board with this one. Until I saw Kendall Jenner carrying one. Anything Kendall wears, is more than good enough for me!
3. Parachute Pants- Ok, this epic (or heinous) 80’s trend might be my favorite. Fashion designers are putting a modern spin on this style, and the outcome is perfection for work and play- not to mention comfortable!
4. Overalls- These are everywhere, and I could not be more excited. I happen to be a lover of all things with pockets, so overalls are basically my fashion heaven.
5. Jellies- Let’s just take a minute and read that again. Jellies. The plastic shoes you loved and your mother hated. The summer sandals you skipped your way through the most epic decades are back. From American Apparel to JustFab, everyone is loving this end-all, be-all footwear trend.
JustFab, our favorite online treasure trove of the latest fashion trends is a big supporter of our favorite blast from the past, killer trends. JustFab creates a personalized boutique for each member based on their personal style preferences. The best part about the JustFab membership? The items in each members personal boutique change monthly! Maybe this week you are feeling the killer vibes of the 80’s and 90’s, and those preferences can be easily updated to be showcased in your personal boutique. No matter the look or decade you prefer, JustFab has the selection and tools to help you achieve your perfect style!