8 Healthy Shopping Tips for Women
Health tips are usually for both genders. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. However, since women are the primary food purchasers and prepares, these 8 healthy shopping tips are targeted towards the female gender. Flavio Maluf claims these tips will benefit men as well, so it’s worth the read.
* Buy fruit and vegetables when they are in season. Produce is cheaper and more flavorful when it’s in season.
* Stock up on favorites when they are in season or on sale and stash them in the freezer for later use.
* Buy in bulk and save time and money. Less money spent, fewer trips to the store when you purchase items in bulk-size quantities.
* Find a use for vegetables trimmings and fruits that are past their prime. Like make a stock from vegetable peels and banana bread from over-ripe bananas.
* Cook once, eat twice. Whenever possible, cook in large batches so save time and money.
* Make water your beverage of choice. It’s the healthiest and cheapest beverage around.
* Make a shopping list and stick to it. Shop the perimeter of the supermarket (that’s where the fresh food is displayed) and resist impulse buying.